Friday's Five with Michael Brookes

I've resurrected Monday's 5Q's and renamed them Friday's Five. Every week a different author will answer the same five questions. If you're a writer and would like to participate, drop me a line at rschiver(AT)gmail(DOT)com and I'll send you the questions. Better yet answer the five questions below and send them to me along with a brief bio and links to your work for sale and I'll schedule it for the next available slot.

This week Michael Brookes, author of Cult of Me, has agreed to answer five questions so without further adieu I give you Michael Brookes.

1.) When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Only recently. I have written since an early age, but only last year did I decide to put it into the public eye. Thankfully the response has been positive so far.

2.) What is the hardest part of writing?
For me it's proofreading, I just can't spot all the errors. I love writing the first draft and I enjoy the edit process, but proofreading I get other people to do for me.

3.) How did you feel upon publication of your first completed project?
I hadn't been that excited since my youth :-)

4.) In addition to writing, what else are you passionate about?
Computer games are one of my other passions and I'm lucky enough that is my day job. Even better I've been asked to write the official novel for one of our upcoming games!

5.) If you could ask any author, living or dead, one question, what would it be?
I'd ask John Milton if he deliberately made Lucifer appear heroic in Paradise Lost.

Bio:
Michael Brookes is an Executive Producer with a leading UK games developer. Working in games and writing are two of his life passions and considers himself fortunate to be able to indulge them both. He lives in the east of England, enjoying starry skies in the flattest part of the country. When not working or writing he can sometimes be found sleeping. Which is good as that is where many good ideas come from.

Book Links:
The Cult of Me
For too long he dwelt apart, watched those who passed him by. With his unique abilities he entered their minds and inflicted terrible suffering upon them. They didn't even know who he was. The game has lasted for years, but now the game has become stale. On an impulse he decides to make a final and very public last stand. After surrendering himself to the police he enacts his plan to seize the prison for his final bloody act.

There he discovers that he's not as unique as he once thought.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Cult-Third-Path-ebook/dp/B008O7ZVXW/

An Odd Quartet
A quartet of dark short stories (10,000 words) to thrill and chill.

The Yellow Lady
Grave robbing is a dirty business, in more ways than one. When he disturbs the grave from a childhood scary story he discovers it's not always treasure to be found.

This Empty Place
At the heat death of the universe, Death contemplates his existence.

Forced Entry
Terrorists seize an average suburban house. A Special Forces hostage rescue team is sent in and encounter more than they were trained for.

The Reluctant Demon
A young demon prepares to take his possession exam.
http://www.amazon.com/An-Odd-Quartet-ebook/dp/B009QJMMPC/

No comments:

Post a Comment